Amyae umbilical scab question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glider

Reaction score
Here's a question for experienced gecko breeders...

Here is a pic of an Amyae juvie. It is about 3 weeks old and weighs 6g.
As you can see, it's umbilical slit appears to have not yet healed over properly. The other Amyae I have of the same age has a perfectly healed slit, as do all of my other Nephrurus babies this year. As I haven't seen anything like this before, thought I put a pic out there and ask if anyone else had had this with their babies, if there was a treatment or if it fixed up by itself.
I think this scab will leave with the next shed, but I'm concerned that the umbilical slit may open up at each shed and leak, possibly providing an entry point for infection.

Attachments

• 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 98
I should mention that the upper smaller and darker part of the scab is an actual attached scab, and the lower, fan-shaped part is more of a tag of what looks like dried skin or mucous or a mix of both. It is firmly attached to the upper part, but is a 'flap' of stuff.

Yeah I was going to apply betadine or silverzine to it but only if i was wet or weeping- which it's not. It's dry so I'll just keep an eye on it for next shed.

It will probably resolve itself, if this is its only problem. I would just keep an eye on it and only intervene if it started to break down and become weepy. Good luck with the cute little thing.

Anyone else... a few conflicting opinions received via PM, so the more input the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back