amyaes new to the world

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Check out these two little beauties. They hatched boxing day. 62 days incubating at 30 degrees in a 60/40 vermiculite mix. Thanks for the tips Dan - you da man!

Absolutely awesome!

Congrats fishhead :)

Im actually looking around for N.amyaes, how much do these guys usually go for?

Well done Fishhead!
They are fast becoming one of my favourite Gecko's.

How many clutches would you expect to be getting from them in a season?

Neil

Howdy death, they were around $550 a pair back when I got mine but I've seen them selling lately at near double that. There seems to be huge demand for amyae and rightly so, they are absolutely awesome little critters. Like little smiling ETs.
I plan on keeping any I breed this season by the way.
Bye, Steve.

Hey NC, the mum has two more developing eggs visible. I'm hoping she'll lay these in a couple of weeks and then have one more clutch after that.
There's a great article on them in the latest reptile mag.
Bye, Steve.

Congrats! That really is AWESOME! I'm so pleased for you. Do you have any pics of your set up? Do you have a nesting box for your females or do you just keep a portion of sand moist for them?

:0)

Howdy Saz, I put in a large cricket tub with a hole cut in the lid and two thirds filled with a 60/40 mix of vermiculite. She digs around in that for a few nights prior to laying.

Do you mean 60/40 vermiculite to water? I would love to see a pic of your set-up. Mine is very basic, but they seem to like it. Are you able to really see the eggs through the females abdomen when she is gravid? I can't tell you how pleased I am for you. I hope your next clutch is just as successful!

:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back