Ancient reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Reaction score
Was just reading the E.T post and saw the age of good old Harriet the lovely old thing and got to wondering....
Does anyone know the oldest living animal in history???
I thought the beautiful Harriet would have to come close.At 174yrs of age that is a great effort.

the new guiness book of records says that there was one older

It's dead.

She is the oldest living animal in the world.

And the other one wasn't confirmed. Just a bunch of people saying it was that old (180 something I believe). We have actual records of Harriet.

I don't think the original question was the oldest animal alive which some people seem to have read the question as.

If I remember correctly, Noah lived to be over 600 (although I wasn't there so I cant verify that).

From what I understand, Harriet is the oldest animal with actual records, dead or alive.

There was one in Mexico or something, they said it lived to be 184 or 185 I think, but there's no records.

Harriet was brought to Australia by Charles Darwin.

Greebo said:

I don't think the original question was the oldest animal alive which some people seem to have read the question as.

If I remember correctly, Noah lived to be over 600 (although I wasn't there so I cant verify that).

Actually greebs another dude from the bible takes the record at 900 years. Methusela * spell cant verify that either, wouldnt be bothered gettin up in the morning at that age, lol. done it, seen it, heard the lot! :D

LOL dont blame you mate, old testament makes for great reading.....NOT! :lol:

I've often wondered what the longest lived species is. I thought it might be the Giant Galapagos (sp-too lazy to get my book). Interesting. What is her exact age?

174 in October.

The bible isn't a genuine record of events. Let's not turn this into a war on religion, but a whole lot of it is bullshit.

If it means I don't have to be around preching Christians, I'll go there now.

Awww, don't be like that... Jesus loves you anyway sxereturn :)

(Jokes!! As an athiest, I don't believe in hell, or I'd be right there with you Sxereturn... where we could both say hi to Greebs and have a chuckle about it) :)

what about the turatanas? I just got back from NZ today after seeing some tuatanas. there were easily over 100 years old, cant remember the exact date.I'll try and post a picture when i get them developed and scaned.

My alien god is telling me that mr spark is the oldest.
....Not in the bible by the way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back