Angle headed dragons hatching :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggles91

Reaction score
Hey every one!

So last night I arrived home to a hatchling angle headed dragon and was so excited!! Set him up in a nice little enclosure. This morning I woke up to three of the remaining four eggs half hatched and poking their heads out which was a pretty awesome surprise. Those three have hatched now and there is one more egg from that clutch left. Hopefully it will have a little feller inside :) will wait a little while longer befor candling.

P.s the eggs hatched after 82 days at room temp in my dining room. Guessing temps fluctuated from 22 degrees to about 26.

uploadfromtaptalk1387428462597.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1387428584849.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1387428629060.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks every one! :) last but not least hatched this morning :) so I've got five very beautiful little dragons

Any one have any experience with these hatchlings? How long till they start eating pin heads? Offered yesterday and today and nothing yet. Hopefully there tummies are still full from the egg and will be hungry tomorrow :)

I've bred a lot of these and the most important thing is to keep them in almost sterile conditions as they are prone to mouth infections

54 litre plastiic tub, no substrate, flat shallow water dish (if you can find a flat piece of stone or slate) sit it in the water dish plus a couple of forked twigs for them to roost on.

Mist them daily, the finer the mist the better and keep them below 26 degrees.

I find it important to keep them very clean. Mop up messes, feaces, uneaten food.. often

I usually start them on young termites.. after all that they thrive. Termites are easier to catch than pinheads so mine eat when a few days old.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that info.. Although I haven't seen termites around here since I was a kid and they were a problem :p.. Three days old now and not interested yet.. hopefully they'll be hungry tomorrow :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back