Angle Headed Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OuZo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good care sheets for these guys? I'm getting 2 males in a month or so and I'm just trying to read up as much as I can. Also, would 3 males and 2 females be a bad combo for one cage?

Thanx guys :)

-Zo

I agree Zo - give the ppl in Cockatoo a buzz - they should be able to tell you all about them :)
Bex

Oh?? I assumed that it would have been the same person that we talked about Zo?? Is that who you called Luke? She only had ONE??
Odd....
(Sorry about the late response - work an all, you know how it is ;) )

Zo, I haven't kept them but from what I've read apperently the males can fight violently, especially during the breeding season. Healsvile Sanctuary had a breeding program a while ago and published a paper about it in Monitor, the VHS mag.

Oh yeah, and there's a big write up on them in one of the Aussie Reptiles Mags

One pieve of advice i can offer is if you think they're dead don't throw them out, they are prone to sulking and i had one that played dead on me a few times. All because i changed the substrate in its cage. They hate change

Simone.

hey you copy cat herd i was getting some so you just had to get some :D,
well i got mine today and they are awsome little fellas will get some pic's up when i can borrow a camera

Also, would 3 males and 2 females be a bad combo for one cage?

Not if the cage is about 2 acres :)
Did Souly get my PM?

I think Marc in Bris and Mag in Cairns or somewhere up there keeps these creatures, speak to them.

Yeh, Magpie has bred them quite regularly, maybe PM him for some info.

I havent got the a care sheet but I coukd make one up for you but if the contact the Reptile Australia mag they could send up the artical I did for them on RFD that has everything you need to know about them. Volume 1, issue 3 Jan-Feb 2004

Marc

hey westy i didnt know you were getting some! :D

thanx marc, i have all the issues of reptiles australia and come to think of it now i do remember your article...had it under my nose the whole time lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back