Animals suffer over unfounded 'beliefs'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment
Popplewell, also the state's largest exporter of live turtles to Asia, declined to comment.
should be a give away that he does not give a **** about the welfare of the animals he breeds. The live turltle trade is just horrid. Poor creatures.

I've seen a doco on Vietnam cuisine and snake wine looked to be available at every cafe it seemed.

Lets hope he gets bitten by a rattlesnake, for the irony of it, mommy snake punishes him.
He probably is more realistically selling vodka with the rattlesnake for the same idea of the Tequila with the worm or scorpion... U know where you eat it and supposedly get really really smashed cos they soak up all the alcohol and make it super concentrated. I dont think i could ever eat a worm or scorpion, bleach! I dont drink either.....

I drink but the scorpion makes me angry and sad. I love scorps.... imagine what I'd do to anyone serving me snake booze!!!!!

Im not saying this isnt wrong, but you all realise whats done to other animals, such as the ones eaten on a daily basis, right? Or are you possibly oblivious?

Im not saying this isnt wrong, but you all realise whats done to other animals, such as the ones eaten on a daily basis, right? Or are you possibly oblivious?

Most of the animals we eat on a daily basis are bred for our consumption, most meat eaters have no problem with that at all.

Just found this after a quick goggle search.

" Snake Wine - This special whiskey is infused with a real farm raised Cobra snake, black scorpion, ginseng roots and herbal seed pods. The whiskey is steeped for several months, which then imparts a unique flavour into the whiskey, it is quite an acquired taste. The story is that this is used in SE Asia as a very strong Aphrodisiac; and it also has many medical uses, such as the treatment of back and muscle pain. "

" Snake Wine - This special whiskey is infused with a real farm raised Cobra snake, black scorpion, ginseng roots and herbal seed pods. The whiskey is steeped for several months, which then imparts a unique flavour into the whiskey, it is quite an acquired taste. The story is that this is used in SE Asia as a very strong Aphrodisiac; and it also has many medical uses, such as the treatment of back and muscle pain. "

A Cambodian guy at work will atest to that.
They drink cobra blood as an aphodisiac and also cut them open and eat the still beating heart or eat the liver :(

They drink cobra blood as an aphodisiac and also cut them open and eat the still beating heart or eat the liver :(

I saw that on Foxtel Travel with Anthony bourndain....he was visiting exotic places

Because they have no respect for animals and still practice these stupid rituals. It has been proven that these animal produts have NO aphrodisiac properties at all, but people still indulge for their own perverse pleasure.

It is nothing short of disgusting.

We went to Vietnam last year and snake wine is sold everywhere - very popular. There was an article in one of the tourist magazines about the people who breed cobras. The herp keepers here would be horrified by the photos of the breeding/holding pits. Nothing is secure, hygeine doesn't seem to be a consideration and folks regularly get bitten. This is particularly worrisome when you see that the pits are all around the people's houses and the kids walk around them all of the time. No stats were given on snake bite incidence or mortality. The article had the "isn't this quaint" attitude, but I was appalled.

Because they have no respect for animals and still practice these stupid rituals. It has been proven that these animal produts have NO aphrodisiac properties at all, but people still indulge for their own perverse pleasure.

It is nothing short of disgusting.

I agree. But try to explain that to someone whos iq is lower than their shoe size! (that isn't intended as a racist comment if anyone misreads it, that's just how this guy is).
Pity they don't have anything that may boost his intelect!

Last edited:
this is nothing compared to the fur industry in asia. they skin dogs etc alive then just throw them in a dumpster to die.

no offence to the government but i blame the government they should be stopping these things and educating the people that its not right.
i feel sorry for the turtles its really sad:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back