another 4 sale threads question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve6610

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi,
following on whats happening at the moment, i want to know if a paying member can advertise in the 4 sales for a non paying member or a friend that isn't even a member,
i'm not having a go at having to pay to advertise, but in my opinion why should anybody have to pay or donate to be able to sell things and then you get members advertising non paying peoples adds,

already we have seen one member hijacking every 4 sale add and wanted to by adds just to get his mates frogs up 4 sale,
and i also see another add called "Pair of grey central beardies forsale" that says they will pass any questions onto the owner of the dragons,

can we get some answers to these questions........

thats my point......... why should non members get free advertising and long time members have to pay?????????????? doesn't add up to me....................

Well someone would have had to pay for the advertising space somehow, wether it be the third party or the member advertising. So aslong as it is not a member advertising on behalf of another member so they can escape the small fee i have no probs with it.

I guess you can never really police what ppl do for their friends.

It probably wasn't fair that my friends and family got bumped up to business class when I was the engineer on their flight at the International terminal and I had a chat with the head flight attendant...but hey watta ya do :p

thats my point,
why the hell should i pay a membership when non members get to use this site through other members but never give anything back to the site or members,

It should be up to that person advertising whether or not they chose to put up an ad on their friends behalf. They can pay for my Trading POst ads aswell :lol:

Admin or Mods could also give warnings for this type of piggy backing????

I suppose the only way to put a stop to this behaviour would be different prices for a certain amount of ads, or paying for ads individually when you want to post them. Id personally think we are better off with people giving freebies for their friends and retaining a flat fee for as many ads as you want

I agree. We're not a classifieds directory - I think Herp Trader still plays a fantastic role for that. APS is just another avenue to sell herps and the small flat fee is a way to:

a) Ensure those who are benefiting financially from APS help support it
b) Ensure that only serious, legitimate sellers use our forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back