antaresia childreni with tail bitten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antaresia childreni

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys my male antaresia bit one off my other snakes tail i have treated it with betadine is there any thing else i should do ?
any assistence would be greatly appreciated

just keep an eye on it now, seperate it and keep it somewhere sterile ( no substraight etc)

Another reason not to house snakes together.

donks

hi da donkey thanks for the advice i have separated her i have her in a plastic 55 litre tub with heat mat and water dish oh and i forgot to mention i have aspen bedding in the bottom of the plastic tub so she is comfortable

Last edited:
just use paper (newspaper butchers or the microwave stuff), take out the aspen. and of course provide a couple of hides

lol antaresia are funny... not the smartest tool in the shed.

your lucky it was just a bite and not the loss of one or even both of your pythons, this is why I don't risk housing pythons together as much as I would like to.

nothing wrong with housing antaresia together all year round .

did you see the python bite the other ones tail off.? or are you assuming ?

or could it of happened from another cause?

Keep an eye on the wound. You can bath it with warm salty water to kill any germs then before putting her away dab some betadine on the wound site. Take the comfortable bedding out for now and just use newspaper or papertowel until wound has healed. I would say it is just an unfortunate accident I have childreni and have them together on and off and they have showed no signs of aggresion to one another what so ever. These are all written in my opnion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back