Antaresia localities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In Europe, we have the problem of not knowing the (probable) localities of origin of our Antaresia. Many people even don't know the difference between the species. This results in intergradation of the different localities and even in hybridisation of the species. This way pure-locality-animals are becoming more and more rare. I'm trying to gain knowledge about the different localities of Antaresia. I'm trying to sort of complete a map of Oz, with photos of locality animals. I've scavenged the internet for photos. I've found some, but not enough. Therefore my question to all of you is: Do you have any photos of Antaresia of a known locality of origin, which you would be willing to share with me? Photos of wild animals accompanied with locality data are most useful, but photos of captive specimens of known geographic origin are welcome as well. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Leon

Hi Leon,
Welcome to the site,
Antaresia can be just as cloudy in Aust because they were sold as the one species for many years.
We have red phase stimsoni being legally wild caught from WA, these would have to be the most locality pure available to us, also happen to be a beautiful animal which is a bonus.
NT are allowed to collect childreni and I had a pair from there which are locale pure - but drab animals.
I have some spotteds from the Tablelands where I know the locality of the original animals.
pm me your email and I can send some pics
Regards
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back