Antibiotic Treament

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carterd

Reaction score
Took 7 month Coastal to Vet, as I was worryied about faecal being to runny. Turns out he has Tri...something bacteria in his gut, The positive is no Parasites.
I will be injecting his feed with flagyl type antibacterial medication, twice over a fortnight.
He had this condition when i bought him. He now weighs 45 grams.
Please share your experience, tips of anything else that might help. Thanx

I have used flaygl on our little beardy when she was ill. Diahroea, her colour when very dark and she looked ill. Could see it in her eyes and her head was down like she was sad. I gave it to her directly down her neck but it worked so well, she bounced back within 2 hours from having the dose. Her colours returned and her appetite and alertness were back to normal. Excellent stuff that, for tummy bugs. You may very well see improvement in your little one, next time you see him poop, but make sure you finish the time that the vet has recommended.

When I had given him a small fuzzy rat last, he didn't come out of his hide, as he normally would every night. That's when i knew there was something wrong. 5 nights later he vomited up the still intact fuzzy.
Poor little fella.
Right now he's happy, back on his heated rock.

Where you feeding him pinkies before? That can also explain the runny feaces.

Regurgitation after a few days could be a few things such as worms ( though it is usually faster), incorrect temps, to large a meal etc.
Do yourself a favour though and get a heat mat instead of the heat rock. Which leads me back to it may be the temps. A meal that size should be digested or well on its way to being digested in 5 days.

Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back