Any ideas to feed to Southern Forest Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danw

Reaction score
Hey,I just got two baby Southern Forest Dragons today(they are great!!!) and I am just wondring what other keepers feed their baby Southern Forest Dragons and how often. They are already feeding on banana and baby flies.

Flies, ants, moths,bugs,grasshoppers, mealworm larvae etc anything alive and small enough to fit in their mouths easilly. You'd save yourself a lot of insect catching if you start a roach colony, the baby roaches are perfect for juvie dragons. Also buy yourself a calcium supplement, the one with vitamin d3 added and dust every 2nd meal. I was slow to start a roach colony and my spinipes grew slowly at first because some days it was just impossible to find insects. Once i got organised with a roach colony they started growing rapidly.

I feed my juvs everyday, with tweezers, dont over run its enclosure with live food..they freak out and sulk...I feed my entirely on baby crickets and roaches, also start to dust your food striaght away (lightly) thats importent for spinipes. Also keep they enclosure very clean as they are prone to infections at a young age.

How many roaches would you need to start a colony?

For 2 baby angles, you'd only need 250 or so adults, and you'd have a massive oversupply for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back