Any keepers of Amphibolurus species?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just wondering if anone here keeps Amphibolurus of any species apart from jackies as i know there are a few of them round but dont know of any others in captivity.

Ive only heard of A.muricatus, A.nobbi and A.burnsi being kept and or bred in captivity. Seems like a low kept genus....

i'm pretty sure WA collectors can collect gilberti or longirostris, will have to send some emails as i have never actually seen them for sale.

ctenophorus nuchalis is the regognised name these days.

ctenophorus nuchalis is the regognised name these days.
i knew they had a couple of names but they were sold to me last year as amphibolorus by roy pails. and i actually kind of regret buying them because they arent that crash hot compared to others ive seen:(

Im not sure on the correct taxonomy either in cogger they are lophognathus. (typed before gecko dan posted)

What size enclosure should they have?

If you use the Wilson and Swan book as the taxonomic guide then I have 5 species from this group. All except 2 in too small a numbers to be able to get breeding programs established. Either one of or two of the same sex. I have been trying to get hold of A. temporalis for several years without any luck and have never even bothered to try looking for A. norrisi as I am reasonably sure these are not on license any where in the country. Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back