any member in Tasmania?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I just wander if we have some members living in Tasmania.
I am going to Hobart in January.

You just going to Hobart or travelling around? You have to see the western Wilderness mate, some of the tallest trees you will ever see. Also a lot of small wildlife Park scattered around the place, not much in the repile area though.

You could visit your old friend "Joughin" :) :)

He'd love to see you. THen you can explain why he can't buy pythons, all over again!!! :) :)

I'm envious, I'd love to go to Tas. Permanently! But I heard that you can't keep pythons there? Is this true? If so, poor Tasmanian people!

Yes Lily tasmanian herp laws are very restrictive. Someone here will be able to go into more detail for you.

Make sure you visit the breweries slatey!

You don't have to explain it all again if you don't want to, diamond_python. Just tell me where to look to find out! This heat is bad for my health, need colder climate.

However, my challenge to you is to explain Tassie herp laws to me in rap form! (he he he). Try to include some names of Tassie members of APS, and also something about tigers! Are you up for it? Get Mandy to help you!

Thanks for posts here. Looks like nobody serious in herps from APS is living on this island.

i miss joughlin.....i bet a tiger snake finished him off

I heard he fell in love with Tara and they moved to afghanistan together?

No, seriously, this heat is killing me. What are Tas Herp Laws?

I must be an expert on Tassie herp laws the amount of times I've explained it to joughin, Lily in Tasmania you can only keep reptiles from Tassie it's self, no importing or exporting, and you can't buy or sell, only trade or give away, you must apply for a herpetological permit, this gives you the ability to keep and catch(to keep) most Tassie herps, you need a special permit for the rarer species.
The only 3 snakes in Tassie are all venomous, they have one Dragon species, the small Mountain Heath Dragon, the rest of the herps are frogs and skinks, the only big skink is the blothed bluey, my advice, don't move there ;)

Thanks Dicco. If I can't take the crew with me then there's NO CHANCE of me moving there. Do you know anything about average and maximum summer temps in SA or Vic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back