Any other Bowhunters on APS?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keen to get one, can anyone make a reccomendation for pigs and maybe buff?

Hey Gordo the fellas are right 65 -70 Pound is all you need. I have shot a deer, buffalo and some thumper pigs among other things all with the poundage listed. I know there are fancier bows out there but I have been shooting Martin Bows since i was 15 without trouble and i was 40 last year.

Nice Bow farma.....and lizardboii....I know there was a lot of gadgets haha....I started with a simple recurve and now want to go to a long bow....full circle i suppose....

Anyone got more pics?

Ahhhhhhhh the primal urge, the call of the wild, the hunter/gatherer surfaces!!!!!!

Would be an interesting sport though. I tried a friends bow (think it was compound) it was set for him, I failed miserably at even being able to draw the damned thing! LOL

Last edited:
Funny you say that Guzzo
my favorite bow is a damon hawott X-100 recurve its nothing special but i love the way a recurve shoots!
iv never tried a long bow but id like to get a heavier lb recurve but as it is i dont get out enough with the ones i have already but as the saying goes "he who dies with the most toys wins"

Havent been hunting much lately its been too hot but when i get the chance i take my PSE Stinger 75lb out works great on goats =D

i hunt yowies, not so many left these days , meat tastes good bit rough on the palete but they scream when hit whole forest wakes up !!!

joke

Last edited:
I made my own long bow from plans i got out of an archery mag years ago.
Being a chippy it was a great process and to finish it and take it out was unreal.
Became quite good after a few hundred arrows and although not the poundage of the recurves or the compounds, good enough for what I want.

We used to use 38 cartridges on the end of the arrow, works a treat, alot easier to find when you miss as it normally digs in to the ground and ***** up instead of getting in under the grass.

Im using blunts for the bunnies, anywhere from chest to head will dispatch them, usually without visable bleeding. Used to chase a few Foxes as well but the bunnies are my favourite.

We used to use 38 cartridges on the end of the arrow, works a treat, alot easier to find when you miss as it normally digs in to the ground and ***** up instead of getting in under the grass.

I do the same, works well alright. Is also a great thing to do with those bent shafts so you can teach people to shoot without losing arrows or stuffing good shafts.

I made my own long bow from plans i got out of an archery mag years ago.
Being a chippy it was a great process and to finish it and take it out was unreal.
Became quite good after a few hundred arrows and although not the poundage of the recurves or the compounds, good enough for what I want.

Wow that is a credit to you.....I have always wanted to do that. here is a good pig I got a while ago.View attachment 185648

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back