Anyone for one of these??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i havnt met a placid freshy yet..i had to feed my mates crocs when he went on holidays, and they didnt seem to friendly towards me,maybe i wasnt holding my mouth right..they make a mess if ur trying to keep them in a tank setup..i wouldnt bother with keeping them unless i had an outoor enclosure,jmo
when / if i move north i might think about it
baz
the two in the trading post are still there

I don't think anyone was saying they were caiman in the photo's, they definitely appear to be Asian, Saltwater or Mugger.

peterescue said:
Second two would not be South America, too big to be a caiman.
If its real think SE Asia would be more the go,

What were you feeding them Baz? Chickens?

They would get expensive to keep I imagine! They don't grow very big do they? I was actually watching a dvd on the way home last night about freshys, they only looked to grow about 5ft long.

mostly they were eating chunks of beef,,which they loved and that was all i was asked to feed them,,i did sneak a rat in ,to give "variety" .that is when i found out what a mess they make,,i had to clean out the whole tank..blood and guts everywhere.
next time i stuck to beef chunks,which still made a mess

what size tank were they in? Wouldn't it have to be huge?

Ugh mental picture of rat mess.... ewwww!!!

And where on earth would you put the crocs while you were cleaning? Missing any fingers?

it was a big tank,7 ft maybe,no where near big enough for crocs imo
but i was not there to make judgments,i was just enjoying the job id been asked to do,,i had large bins that i put them in to clean their cage.my friend got tagged by one on the hand but managed to get loose before it rolled.lol.very lucky,could have been a lot worse for him..i think he has given the crocs a miss now.lol :)

wow. That's one critter that I wouldn't laugh about if it tagged me :O

Although I would still love to have a pair.

Oh by the way Baz - pics or it didn't happen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back