Anyone with Frillies? Question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

touchofgold

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Do Frillies sulk?!? Or could there possibly be something wrong? The possible female (guessing) has been hiding on the ground under cage furniture for a couple of weeks now when she used to cuddle up to her friend at the top of a branch. They are both 2 years old and the other one is definately a male. They both eat ravenously 3-4 times a week alternating between live crickets, tinned food and fruit and vegetables. Other than the recent hiding, she is behaving normally. Any thoughts or recommended reading?

Hi,

Don't get too worried, I have 3 frillies one male and two females that are all 4-5 years old.
They each have got different personalities. The male has never sulked but the females tend to take turns in having a sulk (one more than the other). The longest either has sulked for is a couple of weeks but it normally lasts for 3-4 days. I find that feeding the other dragon or spraying some water on them will usually snap them out of it.
The other thing I remembered is my females don't like to live with the male for very long, he is not a shy fellow and the females find a quiet spot and hide there for days if he is in with them. He normally lives alone out of sight from the females until spring.
And when people say that frillies sulk I would tend to call it having a rest or having some time out.

Thanx Rockdragon, I was wondering if that may have been the trouble as they have been together since they were born...if indeed Lilley is a female! Although I have noted a shift in heirachy between them. I am not experienced in sexing reptiles but I sure would like to know what is going on with these two! I am looking into another enclosure to separate them and see what happens.

We have a number of frillies, yes the females do sulk, but we have found that be seperating them they have all done much better, we have had no sulking since and they all seem to be more interactive. We are only going to introduce them to each other during breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back