Anyone with womas please help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wild about womas. :)
The breeder told me that they are the teddy bears of the python world and I agree.
So some love food. We can't all be perfect.
Personal opinion but I think that they have a beautiful head.

You ask about enclosures
my girl is in a double 4ft enclosure and she seems to enjoy that extra space.
They are terrestrial so no need for branches.

If you get a young one, they adapt to your way of handling, feeding, etc., very quickly.

Biting etc. As with other species, it depends on the individual. I've being tagged once due to food response.

So go on, get yourself a little woma.

Ohh ok id try get a baby or possibly two if I was able to get one but atm im just trying to tell my parents that these guys dont gwt that big and are like little puppy dogs ! Thanks guys for all the help,Im considering breeding. Wpuld help me alot and give me something to do and something I actually am interested in! But thanks for the help guys ! :) im currently away and am about to go on the barge to get to Fraser island so ill have no reception , but feel free to post photos, stories etc about your womas! Ill be back, Thanks for the help guys! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am wild about womais. :)
The breeder told me that they are the teddy bears of the python world and I agree.
So some love food. We can't all be perfect.
Personal opinion but I think that they have a beautiful head.

You ask about enclosures
my girl is in a double 4ft enclosure and she seems to enjoy that extra space.
They are terrestrial so no need for branches.

If you get a young one, they adapt to your way of handling, feeding, etc., very quickly.

Biting etc. As with other species, it depends on the individual. I've being tagged once due to food response.

So go on, get yourself a little woma.

Okk so only a 4 foot , ok thanks I was thinking closer to 6 :0
I understand as babys its just there natural instinct to bite , i dont mind though :)
I love theres heads I agree about the head, the first I saw was a darker woma with the brightest orange on a snake ive seen!
But I think now I have no choice but to get one! :)
Thankyou!!

- - - Updated - - -

KingSirloin;2416if 09 said:
I've got a pair of adult tanami womas I'myou were gnsidering selling. I'm reluctant to sell them though because I love them, and have doubts about some of the owners I've sold hatchlings to in the past. The female is just an angel to handle, and about as placid as a snake can get.

The male displays typical woma behaviour and attitudes. Wags his tail when put with the female and bobs his head to taunt you if he's hungry. He needs to realise there's no food on offer before handling him, but after that he is fine.

I'd like to breed them but the time it takes could be more costly than the return. Male pictured. Female has more predominant black over the eyes.

View attachment 303780

Id say keep them ! but its up to you in the end, he looks amazing! If you were to though id possibly be interested , but yeah they sound like nice snakes , I say keep them!
Thanks for the help :)

hey guys i finally got a little Woma! i got a Tanami Woma ,sweetest little snake ive ever handled!im not sure if the breeder would want his name put up but,he was really good!thanks for your help everyone!if i knew how to put a picture up i would but i dont :/ thanks everyone!

Good on you! You must be so excited. Such an exciting time getting a new snake. Good luck stopping at one : ) There is so many awesome and extremely knowledgeable people on here to help you with any questions. I am constantly on here reading posts trying to learn more. Great choice by the way womas are the best (coming from another biased woma owner)

haahah i now see what you 'biased' woma owners are saying! shes probably one of the nicest tempered snakes ive held,eats like a pig aswell,found out its quite normal in the aspidities family!.ill try and get a picture of her up tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back