APS member requirement question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PilbaraPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was told today from a friend of mine that he could not join as a member of APS because he would not supply his home telephone number. Does any one know why this is required as he prefers his number to remain confidential ? It just seems a little harsh to me since he did supply his moblie number instead.

LOL thats a bit like not wanting Australia Post to know your address.

If he can provide proof of identity he can join. What type of proof is up to him. Most people simply supply a land line number that they can be contacted on. A mobile number is no proof of identity.

How does a land line phone number supplied prove anything more than a mobile number supplied if you can be contacted on both ?

I guess it means that anyone can walk in to any number of shops and buy a Mobile for $50, you can't do that with a landline, just my take on things. I can't see that it's too big a problem to give a landline as it's not available to all and sundry.

ALso the telephone number gives us an approximation of their location given in their application. That's why we ask for a town as well as state.

The operative words there are "used to". We don't accept Hotmail type accounts now either. Besides, you were a nice person! :wink: :!: However, if you were to recommend your friend, then we would accept a work number. Of course, you'd be responsible for his behaviour! How about that?? :) ;-)

Tell him to email us with the username requested, using the Contact Us link to the left, if you can vouch for him.

How could I forget?!? Actually, not to burst your bubble, but I make notes on the people I spoke to..... and NO, you can't see yours! :) We can generally get a feel about the type of person we are speaking to when we call. Not always, but usually. I think I was right in your case! ;-)

Oh yes, another problem with day-time phone numbers is that we have jobs and people to answer to, and can't easily make personal calls from work. If it's a local call, it's a bit easier. After hours numbers are MUCH easier to process.

Why would you want to?? It's a LOT of work! And the phone bills are heavy too! :-(

:) :) :) :)

Well, fun as this has been, I gotta go to bed. Haven't slept for 24 hours. New grandson was born at 2am! :) [yawn!]

Thanks for that option David and I will pass that information on to him. I can personally vouch for him and can say that he is a respected reptile breeder and is held in high regard by myself and many other members here on this site. He is Rob McCloud.

RE: Re: RE: APS member requirement question

Hey Dave or Adrian or whoever is using the Pilbarapythons account today,

Does your mate check his emails?
"The Rock" has been a member since the 12th of May.

RE: Re: RE: APS member requirement question

I spoke to him today and he told me they sent an e-mail saying he had to supply his home phone number to be a member. I will give him a call this evening and try to clarify the situation. Rob currently has the computer skills of a fly larvae, so who knows.
Cheers Dave

APS member requirement questionPilbara

Pilbara, Rob will be rejected cause he is over qualified,he is certainly interesting guy to talk to thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back