Are Beardies good pets for young kids if so any available?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons are worth the expense!

Gonzo & PilbaraPythons...nice colour show!

In no doubt ...i will always recommend a vitticeps....Central Bearded Dragon
there personality with keep children entertained...easier going than a canine companion!
they eat most veg that children should eat...& be encouraged too....so great if your little human need encouragement!
they can withstand allot of handling...& non handling ...very easy going
generally not display rejection...but still lap up every second they get with cuddles

once you get the basis of husbandry down....this is the only down fall to some
& their set up which is more costly than snakes due to U.V that snakes dont need
they are more rewarding with personality to boot!

I also feel that its more than colour....i love the physique,the strength,of the vitticeps
i will pm a older pick of 3 of my 8 vitticeps
i think you may agree!

do you reckon i may be biased?......lol

Please just remember that as with any animal any young child should be fully supervised at all times with a beardie. Make sure that you have a lock on the enclosure and that the child/children cannot access it by themselves. This is more for the safety and health of the beardie. Set specific times for handling and get the kids to research/ learn about beardies natural behaviour. Always remember that you have a native reptile as a pet and treat it with the respect it deserves. Make sure that the kids understand that a beardie is not like a puppy or kitten. My kids have all grown up surrounded by reptiles and other critters and love them and respect them. Never had a bite or scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back