Are beardies wanted?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The beardies have been ditched....but yes my parents are letting me get more reps still.
I'm picking up 2 (Male & Female) Red Mt Iza Varanus Acanthurus juvi's.

My 8ft enclosure is also coming soon.

one of mine comes from a bright red female and a bright yellow male and mine are bright yellow best colour ever

lol man You will loose ure ackies in a 8ft enclosure while they are young, good luck finding em ;)

I hope you aren't talking about jungles browns because excetional animals can come ordinary parents and vice versa.

obee

Talking snakes and lizards in general..

If you were to produce nice jungles from ordinary looking parentage or vice versa and breed from the best coloured offspring generation after generation the consistency will improve.

i would love one to

looks like your beardie is going to be a very bizzy bee

We have a collony of 9 yellow/gold phase beardies,
have never had a problem moving offspring,as we offer unrealated.
we have a 90% accuraccy rate for sexing hatchling beardies,
and yes it can be done.
if you breed them you need to dedicate the time to feeding them twice a day and be ready for a big feed bill,
have separation tanks and keep them well feed or they will eat each other.
Also be able to offer some after sale care as if you have not raised hatchling beardies they can be frustrating,

i have 11 beardies, 9 are yellow phase, but if they were as red as you say i'd probably buy 5 or 6. providing they were very red like this message icon :lol:

it is like anything , you have to ask yourself why do you want to breed them? I personally like them and I am planning on getting quite a few concentrating on extreme colour phases once I move into my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back