Are Leucistic Ball Pythons legal in NSW Australia?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously does anyone google before they think, save a lot of silly questions

I did google this but found that i was getting many different answers or no answers at all so i thought i would just directly ask people who have more experience/knowledge in this field and just clarify what i already found out but was not 100% sure was correct information.

All i'm trying to do is ask a legitimate question as I don't have the resources or contacts to help me find the answers. Of course I don't want to waste anyones time so if you don't want to answer...don't. Simple. I'm only 16 and my interest in snakes is very new and i wasn't really sure where to begin. People need to stop harrassing newbies who are only trying to clarify a few things for themselves.

Google is all knowing
are ball python illegal in nsw Google?
About 20,300 results in .16 seconds

I'm not harassing you it's just very obvious from all of the governments of Australia that non -Australian snakes are not legal

Google is all knowing
are ball python illegal in nsw Google?
About 20,300 results in .16 seconds

I'm not harassing you it's just very obvious from all of the governments of Australia that non -Australian snakes are not legal

I googled "are leucistic ball pythons legal in australia"
Well the first result is this thread...which would have given me the answer except that I started it so would not have been able to see it the first time i searched.
Then there is one about QLD which i saw and immediately re-googled to specify "NSW Australia" so I didn't waste my time looking through answers about irrelevant states/territories.
So i have now googled "are leucistic ball pythons legal in nsw australia" which gives me this thread again, then the next few results are: "Ball python collection - our collection of ball python snakes", "ball python breeder homepage - ball pythons for sale", "collection of ball python morphs", "aaron beeck - facebook", "the welfare and trade of animals kept as pets in canada"...and the list goes on. so as you can see not very helpful...and what little relevant information i did manage to find was not government approved so i couldnt even be sure it was correct and current.
I dont want to argue about it, i just wanted to say that it makes it really difficult for newbies when people post unhelpful and unnecessary comments.
But thank you very much to everyone who answered this seriously, you've all been very helpful!

I googled "are leucistic ball pythons legal in australia"
Well the first result is this thread...which would have given me the answer except that I started it so would not have been able to see it the first time i searched.
Then there is one about QLD which i saw and immediately re-googled to specify "NSW Australia" so I didn't waste my time looking through answers about irrelevant states/territories.
So i have now googled "are leucistic ball pythons legal in nsw australia" which gives me this thread again, then the next few results are: "Ball python collection - our collection of ball python snakes", "ball python breeder homepage - ball pythons for sale", "collection of ball python morphs", "aaron beeck - facebook", "the welfare and trade of animals kept as pets in canada"...and the list goes on. so as you can see not very helpful...and what little relevant information i did manage to find was not government approved so i couldnt even be sure it was correct and current.
I dont want to argue about it, i just wanted to say that it makes it really difficult for newbies when people post unhelpful and unnecessary comments.
But thank you very much to everyone who answered this seriously, you've all been very helpful!

Clearly since you are using a computer you know how how to use one. Finding out whether or not ball pythons are illegal in Australia is pretty bloody simple

Yes, it was very easy. All I had to do was ask. Which is exactly what I've done here.

Also I didn't want to know about only Leucistic ball pythons, ultimately I was looking for a list of all legal snakes in australia that was government approved so i could just check that anytime i needed and not have to search every time I wanted to know about a particular snake, which i got form boidae: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/re...peciesList.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah, google tells you everything so easily! In fact, why bother having a forum right? Silly newbies!

Clearly since you are using a computer you know how how to use one. Finding out whether or not ball pythons are illegal in Australia is pretty bloody simple

Do us all a favour, take that stick out of you know where. Not everyone is as computer savvy, clearly they tried google but putting in ball python would bring up many different things, it would not bring straight up a government page just saying "Hi, ball pythons are illegal. Kthnxbye.".

Instead of being rude, you should be praising them for going to the effort of actually looking into information about the animal they are interested in, rather than blindly obtaining illegal animals.

do you even know what the point of a forum is? if anything you're the 'newbie' as a forum is for people to come together and discuss a certain topic and ASK questions. your argument is invalid. plsgo.

taluh: don't be frightened to ask questions on this site, i promise you 99% of people will go out of their way to help you.

You should get a life c-m. Taluh very reasonably explained his/her inexperience with these things...move on instead of trying to score points...

Jamie

um so someone asks a question that's what a forum is for. What is you pplz deal

what harm is it doing creating a thread to ask a legitimate question?!?

all you ppl need to get over it if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!

This happpens with a lot of threads on forums...
There needs to be a 'newbie question' section on here so that know-it-all ----wits don't attack a newbie for asking completely harmless (although blatantly obvious to anyone with experience) questions on a forum..
Just so you know, Google is not always right, anyone who thinks so is an idiot..
(Do you have any idea how many adds (real and fake) pop up for Ball Pythons in Australia?

After typing 'Ball Pythons Aus' and 5 seconds of looking.. ball pythons and other species for sale - For Sale - Rockhampton probably fake and expired, but still..

New people come on here, a forum, to get advice from some of the many knowledgable and experienced reptile keepers on here. What are they going to think when ignorant ----heads respond with 'google it' ?
Sure newbies should definately research as well, but there are a lot of questions which google does not answer..
They come on here to ask a few questions, and to learn more about reptiles, not to be made an idiot.

i did a net search first thing that came up was this thread then a few sites selling albino/piebald ball pythons....
so that answers the question yer?!

No. so next time someone searches they will be able to find the answer in here!

Just so you know, Google is not always right, anyone who thinks so is an idiot..

So true, if i had a common cold and Googled my symptoms I would have apparently already died a slow and painful death where my body turned itself inside out...not so reliable me thinks haha

I would like to remind people that people posting in "herp help" are doing so to find answers and help .... If you have NOTHING to help with the question at hand ... other than to be-little people for asking questions its very simple just don't post on the thread!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back