Are my beardies gunna have baby's??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
Do pygmy dragons this time of year?? Only because I peaked my head in to see wat they where up to ( coz if I go in there they think there getting food and stop) and wat I think is my male is running around head bobing like crazy and the other one jst sort of ignoring him and giving a little slow bob every now and then wats happening here??

I need help wit this people how can I tell if she is pregnant? They aren't both sleeping in there normal hide together like usual. I need any and all info of wat might happen and wat to do if I find eggs. I'm not set up for it at all. They are both jst over a year old is it to early for them to breed? They both went through bermantation last year.

Yes it is too early for them to breed, I would be breeding them at about 2 years old. Also to tell if your female is Gravid(Pregnant), you simply lift up her tail/back end carefully and you can see lumps on her stomach, if you can feel bumps along her stomach then she is most likely gravid.

If you have not seen them mating as such, I would seperate them (Do it anyway) and keep them seperate for at least another year if you plan to breed them.
Some breeders have had success at breeding one year olds, I personally would not chance it as it can do some damage to the female, they get eggbound, it is just too soon.

Did you cool them down at all, or anything or just notice this behavior. Im sure head bobbing isn't breeding

Did you cool them down at all, or anything or just notice this behavior. Im sure head bobbing isn't breeding

Head bobbing is communication, I have seen many males head bob before they get "frisky" and mate with the female.
You are right, head bobbing is not breeding but can be a communication leading to breeding if the two are put together.

I didn't change temps over winter but the went into bermantation anyway. If you keep keep the temps up over winter will it stop them breeding?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any intention of breeding them and I haven't actually seen them mating just noticed a lot of head bobing from the male and his neck has started goin black and they aren't sleeping together like normal but they still hang out during the day.

I didn't change temps over winter but the went into bermantation anyway. If you keep keep the temps up over winter will it stop them breeding?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any intention of breeding them and I haven't actually seen them mating just noticed a lot of head bobing from the male and his neck has started goin black and they aren't sleeping together like normal but they still hang out during the day.

He is probably reaching sexual maturity, some mature quicker than others. This guy sounds like he is starting to get the jist of what to do, lol.

In terms of enclosure temps, depending on where you are, if you keep the temps up as high as you can, then your beardies will probably not brumate, however some are just instinctual and do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back