Are shinglebacks compatiable with water dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByZa

Reaction score
hey i was jsut wondering if shinglebacks are compatiable with water dragons in a outside enclousure in brisbane?

Shinglebacks arnt the best outside in Brisbane because it is so humid, a bluetounge or bearded dragon would be a better choice.

blue tongues and shinglebacks aren't usually the best with water as far as I know.. so if you had them with water dragons you would have to be careful about the water source you had in place (i think - someone please correct me if im wrong)

I would imagine that water dragons prefer a high humidity where shingles back can get into trouble with high humidity
I keep my shingles separte to everything else because of humidity

Definitely not, they require completely different environments to live.

you need a massive pond for the water dragons and if the shingles got in there they could drown.....

blue tongues and shinglebacks aren't usually the best with water as far as I know.. so if you had them with water dragons you would have to be careful about the water source you had in place (i think - someone please correct me if im wrong)

I had a large Bluey who would go for a daily swim in my turtle pond. He used to just cruise around (its 5m x 3m and up to a meter deep) and the turtles would swim along behind him wondering what he was doing. They swim just like a snake.

blueys have a decent swimming tail.....
wonder how well shingles swim?

both blueys and shingles swim if they have to but shingles do not handle extended amounts of humidity very well either do some of the blue tongue types.
water dragons need humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back