astro turf

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Reaction score
a friend told me not to use fake grass in snake tanks as it can iritate the vent to the point of prolaps. i've never had a prob. with it. has any come across this?

I dont know what effect the astro turf would have on a snake, but I have never used it as i dont feel that I would be able to clean it thoroughly without using chemicals.

I havent used it myself, i have some here and was thinking about using it, i know people who do use it with some success.

i used to use it... never had a problem at all..... however im onto newspaper now for the ease of cleaning!

i soak it in f10 solution over night when soiled. then spray of next day with high pressure hose. seems to work ok. im thinking about trying a steam cleaner

i used to use it... never had a problem at all..... however im onto newspaper now for the ease of cleaning!

Same here.... when I had only 1 or 2 snakes it was fine, but now days with 12 enclosures to clean it is much easier and cheaper to use newspaper. Astro turf here is $26/sq metre and 12 enclosures would equate to 24 pieces of astro turf (replace 1 while the other is being cleaned) which ends up being a costly substrate.

yes it can cause irritation not sure about about the prolaps but definaltly irritation

I have used Astro Turf with my 4 snakes for the last 2 years...

Have not had any problems at all.... Not even a sick snake.. (touch wood)

I get out the scrubbing brush and some antispetic every two weeks...

And yes I do have several pieces thus making swapping them over easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back