Atherton shedding trouble?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drifty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ok Im starting to get a little worried about my atherton jungle. he is about a year old now, I got him about 2 or 3 months ago.
Im not sure, but I think he may be having trouble shedding. about 4 or 5 weeks ago he stopped eating and a week or so after Im pretty sure I noticed his eyes had milked up like he was about to shed. So its been about 2 weeks and he hasnt done anything. Ive got his water bowl over the heat mat and for the past 4 days Ive been soaking a teatowel and putting it over half of the top of his enclosure to try and humidify it, and spraying warm water into the enclosure and on him but still noting.

Previously his eyes have clouded over and he will shed 2 days later.

I tried to feed him last week again, just incase he wasnt shedding, he kept smelling the mouse but didnt grab it. I put my hand in to grab the mouse after he wasnt interested and he bit me! he previously had never even looked like he was going to strike, ever! very strange behaviour..

anyway, I think I might try and bathe him tonight and see what happens..

any suggestions/comments?

Up the humidity, My girl did it about 12 mth mark as well, and loves getting in a warmish shallw bath for a swim as well

Just make sure the humidity is ok and all should be ok, Both my Athertons seem to take a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back