Australian Incubator Manufactures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyreptiles

Reaction score
Dear reptile funs

I live in a very hot country and i have problems when incubate reptile eggs on summer.
I am looking to find incubator manufactures that has model to cool down and heat the same time to control the correct temperature.
Can you give me some links with some brands please?

Exo Terra has a new one out now that they claim cools as well.Not sure how much they cool but maybe check one out

well i live in Roxby downs South Australia which not sure if anyone knows but most of the year its well over 38 degrees and most of the time its 40+ degrees i have used a hova bator from WA Poultry Equipment & Coast To Coast Vermin Traps you should check them out they handle the temps just fine not too pricey

Exo Terra has a new one out now that they claim cools as well.Not sure how much they cool but maybe check one out

i google it but can't find it!! can you give me a link? or you mean zoomeds new incubator?

IMG_2623.jpgIMG_2620.jpgI live in Cairns so nice and tropical. I have just made one. I bought a wine fridge. I put a heat mat in the bottom which is connected to Habistat Pulse Proportional Thermostat. I then have the fridge connected to a Habistat Cool Control thermostat. I've tested it for 2 days and a variation of about 0.8 degree. With a few adjustments I'm sure i could get less variation. The fridge has an in built fan that comes on when the fridge comes on. I just run the cord in between the seal and used a child locks for fridges to hold the seal tight around the cords. I haven't hatched anything in it but can't see why it won't do a great job here in summer. As you can see the temps inside the incubator are lower than our temps outside.

View attachment 169721View attachment 169720I live in Cairns so nice and tropical. I have just made one. I bought a wine fridge. I put a heat mat in the bottom which is connected to Habistat Pulse Proportional Thermostat. I then have the fridge connected to a Habistat Cool Control thermostat. I've tested it for 2 days and a variation of about 0.8 degree. With a few adjustments I'm sure i could get less variation. The fridge has an in built fan that comes on when the fridge comes on. I just run the cord in between the seal and used a child locks for fridges to hold the seal tight around the cords. I haven't hatched anything in it but can't see why it won't do a great job here in summer. As you can see the temps inside the incubator are lower than our temps outside.

One of my plans was to build one incubator like yours. but i can't trust this way too much and i start looking for alternative methods.

One of my plans was to build one incubator like yours. but i can't trust this way too much and i start looking for alternative methods.

Why can't i trust it? I was going to buy a heating cooling one but heard there was too much temp variations. I though getting good thermostats and making it myself might alleviate high temp fluctuations? This is my first one so any advice welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back