Australian Tiger Python on Better Homes and Gardens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke_ said:
I didn't see the show but have been getting advice from the rest of the family who did see it about how doctor harry says you don't have to cool pythons to breed them? Did he really say this?

We recorded it because we were at the VHS meeting and the show was a Bunnings special... and Judy, AKA trader moonlights at a Bunnings service desk on a regular basis.

He did say this and recomended against cooling because it causes their food to peutrify (sp??) in their stomachs. (If he had recomended against cooling a snake that has not cleared its gut contents I could have coped withiout rolling my eyes.)

That Dr. Harry is a complete dork vet when it comes to herps! Talk about miss information

yeah I saw that as well :roll: Harry Cooper used to be my "local vet" years ago (before TV fame) when his practice was located at Annangrove in Sydney.

He once told me to never bring back my rottweiller (large male) after it almost (within millimetres :lol: ) savagely bit him (after harry shoved a thermometer straight up his rear end without warning me he was going to do it and to hold his collar tight) :roll: I reckon my boy was justified and just patted him on the head and said better luck next time mate and walked out :lol:

Personally I always thought he was a good vet but very over rated. From then on I used to take him to a great vet at Carlingford (Rob Marshall) who both my dog, my parrots and myself were much happier with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back