Australian Turtle forums?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas said:
Are longnecks exempt in NSW??? In the ACT we can get em in pet stores

No. All herps must be "on the books". I have seen the turts in Canberra stores, and have often wondered how many live longer than a few weeks in the care of their new owners. I have bought turts from pet shops in the ACT and have never been given the slightest bit of help or info with the purchase. :?

Its a shame that pet stores can so freely sell Long necks, Blueys, Beardies and Shingles in Canberra. Most of the stores don't know how to look after the animals themselves. So many ppl but these animals without a clue. Just this week I heard of a woman that bought an adult beardie. She couldn't figure out why it didn't seem happy or healthy. She was keeping it in a click-clack, no heat light, no light. It was taken away.

Yeah i have seen ALOT of pet stores who can't even look after a few tanks of goldfish.
But you soon find who are in it for money and who are in it for the love of the animals

It is a shame there are alot of really ordinary pet shops out there, they put a really bad name on the decent pet shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back