average hatch time for beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney

Reaction score
Ive got a clutch due to hatch in a couple days

50 - 60 days the average or they can go to 65 or so ?

by the way the fat female I was hoping to lay never did
bugger
It was red male Yellow female woould of been nice

AT 31.2C constant, both my clutches hatched in 48 and 49 days. But doing maths on it, i think yeah the average would be about 55 days.

found 2 have hatched this more to come

longer then exspected to hatch but thats life

not sure if beardies are due lay another clutch
but there activivty indecates they will !

At a constant 30c the average time for hatching is between 60 to 65 days. Incubating hotter offcoarse shortens the hatching time, but beware the hotter you go, the more chance of the eggs drying out and dying before hatching.

Would you say Bigguy that my time of 49 days and a 100% hatch rate was very different to usual?

Sherm, yes I consider you were lucky. If people wish to incubate at higher then recommended temps I would advise spraying the eggs with a light coating of water once a week from about 3 to 4 weeks into the period. This can allow the eggs to absorb the water and keep hydrated till hatching. By the way, this only applies to lizard eggs. Never spray snake eggs.

Angel, Lizard eggs are normally laid in dirt and have direct contact with damp dirt, so spraying them with fine sprays of water has no ill effect on them.

Pythons however are laid above ground and are sheltered by the female and the place she lays. This eggs absord moisture from the air, so direct spraying will have an illeffect and cause serious mold leading to egg death.

Barney, hartchling beardeds normally start eating within 2 to 3 days of hatching. They tend to be attracted to movement of small insects such as very small crickets or very small wood roaches.

Congrats Barney, I envy you, I cant wait to breed something! Try to get some pics if ya can eh? :D

Yeah Berney, I left my baby beardies in the incubator for 48hrs after they hatched to allow them to sleep and relax after the huge efort of hatching. After that, they went into the big tubs and they were all eating the following day.
Offer them food, the worst they can do is not touch it, and then you take the food back out. That's what I did.
Good luck :)

All have now hatched 100% hatch rate

A Clutch of 10 of varing sizes

A total of 63 days at 29- 31 dec

All healthy

Will offer some crix in couple days

They all luv attacting my fingers the odd one bites

All good signs

the hatchin time usually depends on the temp for me. the hotter the incubation the quicker the eggs will start to hatch. the lower the temp the longer the incubation period. i have also heard if you incubate the eggs at a lower temp there is a larger chance of the hatchies being females. mine start to eat crickets around 3-4 days later and will eat lettuce around 2 weeks later.
nev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back