Aviary Refurbish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett

Reaction score
We have had an old aviary sitting in the backyard for years (it was used for rabbits) and I thought it would be great for a couple monitors. I plan to get a couple of Pygmy Mulgas in 6 months or so, as they are cute and I can have them in a 4 foot enclosure without any problems about minimum standards.
This is the aviary that I am refurbishing.
DSC_4960_zps0ac47818.jpg

DSC_4959_zpsfc0fc07d.jpg

DSC_4961_zps03c199c5.jpg

I have done more work on it since taking those photos, I just haven't taken any photos since.

Found this little guy in one of the bird boxes.
DSC_4964_zpseadc3609.jpg

I also found this in the other bird box. I'm guessing it was in there before we owned the aviary as we have only had the aviary for about 6-7 years and haven't owned birds for over 10 years.
DSC_5021_zps57753ca5.jpg

Will post more photos soon, am also currently in the middle of a 4 foot enclosure build that will be for the monitors. Made the mistake of thinking it was a good idea to start building it while drunk. It's still perfectly stable, just a bit dodgy in some places LOL.

If you could just harness that same level of motivation stone cold sober...

If you could just harness that same level of motivation stone cold sober...

Haha, Yeah I have for the most part. The last couple builds went exactly how I wanted them to because I didn't do anything while drinking. It was over easter weekend so my blood alcohol level was above 0.00 for a while :)

You don't have to get drunk... just make sure the blood alcohol level does not drop below critical.
Or as my brother used to say: "It's been a long time since I got drunk... but I top up every night!"

Keep up the good work!
Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back