Axanthic Maybe?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileaddiction

Reaction score
Could this python be classed as Axanthic? It has no red or yellow that I can see, before or after shed...and I've examined it very closely. One black and shades of grey. I'd love to hear peoples thoughs and opinions on this one.

Any more helpful feed back than, 'not axanthic' or 'no'? I'm curious as to how you've made this determination? Not saying I disagree, just hard to agree if you don't give a reason why you believe this isnt an axanthic. Thanks.

No, not axanthic. This is because the beige colour (light colouring) has yellow pigment in it. An Axanthic snake will more than likely be a white or grey with black and have always no yellow pigment.

Any more helpful feed back than, 'not axanthic' or 'no'? I'm curious as to how you've made this determination? Not saying I disagree, just hard to agree if you don't give a reason why you believe this isnt an axanthic. Thanks.

Because you can see yellow and red pigments coming through.

Take a photo of the same python against a black background.
The colours will stand out

yeah if there is much other than black, grey and white on the snake, you can pretty much rule out axanthic. Dont know how much more detail you can put other than saying that if there is yellow its not axanthic, but hey, thats just me

Here is an Axanthic Jungle of mine and a B&W jungle for comparison.

Attachments

• ivory female 7.11.jpg
    ivory female 7.11.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 94
  • male B&W 7.11.jpg
    male B&W 7.11.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back