B1ME Microclimate tstat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

congo_python

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I don't know much about the magic eye microclimate tstat's and was wondering if they came with a probe or are they ment to be mounted in the cage to sense air temps. Also can they be used to control more than one cage of the same dimensions and do people find them good to use?
Thankx Kurt :roll:

I've found them to be great. The unit sits on the outside and the probe internally.

The day/night units require almost direct light from outside to work properly, so you would need a window near by if you want day/night settings.

I've found that the dimming units seem to go through less globes than the on/off types.

Wouldnt use in 2 enclosures as you'll end up cooking you animals if globes blow in the enclosure that has the probe.

You can fix the sensitivity to light by drilling the hole a little bigger. Great stats. I have had them for about a year now and have not to replace any lights yet.

i just purchuses one the other week also great unit i goty a little confused with the night drop hahaha thinking u had to set the night temp but after reading it again i found out what i had to do :oops:

You should ONLY use the dimming thermostats with light bulbs, the on/off type can be permanently damaged if used with bulbs, if a bulb blows it can wreck the electronics.
I use a single dimmer stat to control a whole bank of monitor cages, although theoretically it would be possible to cook the other cages if the heat source in the cage with the probe blew with monitors it would be pretty hard to cook them.
I only use Microclimate and Habistat thermostats and favour the latter as they come with a 5 year warranty.

I think you could use on multiple cages if you set the light/heat source up in series with each other as if one blows then they all turn off?
would this be corrrect? thus not cooking the other cages and process of elimination as to which one has blown.

I have been reading these old threads about thermostats and have a question. Is there a thermostat that can either control 2 lights independently or that can be set to two different heats. Basically, can one clear light be run at one temp and a night globe run at a different temp using one high quality thermostat. If not, them do people use two thermostats to get their day and night cycles exact, as opposed to using the dimmer microclimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back