babby jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boris

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi 2 all i need some help please my jungle thats was born about 12 of december will not eat it has shed about 2 weeks ago i have tried pinnky mice again and again no chance of it eating does eneyone have eney tricks:lol:

you... bought a jungle that wasn't established?

garden skink rubbed on the pinky.. stick the lizard tail in the pinkies mouth.. see if that works...

what container is it in
what temps do you have it at
what methods have you tryed as in scenting or braining the pinkie

did you breed her or you brought her off a breeder

leave the pinky in the enclosure with the snake if that dosent work use a scented pinky

i bread my first cluch of jungles last year i tryed leaving the pinky overnight ,scented,warm, cold, room temp, the container is small snap lock big enough for small water dish hide hole small perchers heat mat under neath about 1 inch ect

i had that problem with jungles and i got mine to strike and after a while it got the mouse and decided to eat,but the way to go would be leave it for a while then try again and if that dosnt work try assist feeding it.

i bread my first cluch of jungles last year i tryed leaving the pinky overnight ,scented,warm, cold, room temp, the container is small snap lock big enough for small water dish hide hole small perchers heat mat under neath about 1 inch ect

heat mat underneath about 1 inch what exactly do you mean by this? that the tub is only sitting on 1 inch of the heat mat? or the tub is raised 1 inch above the heat mat? either way it sounds to me like the inside tub temperature may not be sufficent at the hot end of approx 30 degrees.

I always have heat mats connected to a thermostat set to the correct temperature but sometimes you need to tweak the temperature dial to the required temp by checking the hot end inside the tub with a decent thermometer. try a thermometer in the hot end to check temps or use a laser temperature gun to check the temperature. I would have the tub sitting on top on the heat mat and approximately 1/4 of the tub on the mat.

Im assuming you bred this hatchie yourself from your post? hatchies will feed when they are ready and theres no need to panic if one takes some time to feed. give it a few days after you sort out the temperature at the hot end and try a warm freshly thawed pinky at night time when the jungle is active. perseverance is the key.

Last edited:
PATIENCE is the key to getting hatchies feeding,it was only born on the 12th Dec,as Colin mentioned fix the temperature up,wait a couple days try again.If no luck,wait a few more days with little to none disturbance and try again.Some hatchies will eat first go,while others take months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back