Baby Bearded Dragon Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Reaction score
Hi all i started of with five baby beardies and now i only have two, this is whats been happening they will start to twich and roll on there backs not eat and lye in a corner unless you move them i have to fource feed them then about a week later they die whats wrong. I have UV on them, heat and i feed them calcium. HELP

are they all together and they may have an infection i suggest you taake the 2 that are alive out of that enclosure if they are together, it will help, go take the other 2 2 a vet

How old are these baby beardies now and how long have you had them?

Have you been in touch with the seller and discussed it with him/her?

~ how old are they?
~ what type of UV bulb are you using, and how close can they get to it?
~ what sort of insects and veges do you feed them, and how often?
~ what type of calcium supplement are you using, and how frequently?
~ are they all housed together, and if so - do they all eat when you feed them?
~ what is the temperature of the basking spot, and how many hours of heat do they get per day?

Sounds like hypocalcaemia, based on those symptoms you have described.

There eating medium crickets
10% UVB globe
Rep-Cal Calcium withVIT-D
There 5 months old
Were all eating well until the next day then stoped
Temp would be about 28 degres

A heat rock at 28 degrees is nowhere near sufficient for baby beardies, in fact it's no good for any beardie - regardless of age. You need a basking lamp and temps of around 35 to 40 degrees.

Also, you say the temp would be "about 28 degrees" - have you actually measured it?

Do they eat any greens, fruit or veges?

Yes they eat vegies beans, carrot, cucumber, purple lettuse alot but then for no reson they stop eating

Like I said, you need to get a proper heat lamp in there. The basking rock is no good.

take them to a vet i have resently (like today) had one of mine doing the same took her to the vet and mbd in other words not enough calcium and UV she is now in hospital for a few days on calcium injection. i was lucky and hopefully she gets through it so take them to the vet in the mean time put them in unfiltered sunlight for at least 30min a day it works alot better than a UV lamp

get them eating some repcal bearded dragon pellets as soon as possible if you are not going to take them to the vet.

Bok Choy varieties& Endive...are easy to get at local fruit & veg/grocery store
lettuce isnt recommended for hatchies as their isnt enough nutritional value...just hydration

Happens all the time. I lost two whole clutches of five each to pretty much the same thing, within about a week. They were fine in the morning, dead in the afternoon. Just one of those things with beardies.

But yeah, from what you say about the twitching, I'd have to say MBD as well. Regardless of how much Calcium and how much UV, you need a balanced diet right from the start.

If you can get them past their first shed they'll be hard to kill, but until then it's a full-time job.

adding its highly important that the sire & dame also have a well balanced diet
& the dame to have added calcium...
feed to breed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back