baby bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melluvssnakes

Reaction score
What do i do if i think my juvie beardie has eaten some of his substrate? On the packet it says that it's designed to pass straight through their system, but he's so little...
Although one of his poos is probably bigger then the thing i think he swallowed, so it should be ok shouldn't it?

They're little tiny ceramic balls. About the size of the head of a dress makers pin. They lady I bought the dragon off said they would be fine, as long as I wasn't feeding him in there. But there's a small round lump about the same size in his belly right now

Wow, I've never heard of using ceramic balls as substrate. Do you mean like the crystal cat litter you can get? Is the lady you bought from a breeder? or in a pet shop? ie. do you think she knew much about reptiles. If so, you can probably trust her. To be on the safe side, did to feed him some leafy asian greens for some fiber, and give him a warm shallow bath in the morn, and maybe a spell out in the sun on the grass (either the bath or the grass should stimulate him to poo). Hopefully that would make it pass through him. And if you're still worried, switch substrate. There are heaps of good substrates that are fine is they eat a bit (mine gets fed in his enclosure, so he eats substrate all the time).

She was a breeder, and she works in a pet shop. He still hasn't pooed. but I can't feel the ball anymore so hopefully it's working it's way out

She probably knows what she is talking about then :) I'd take her word for it that she'll be fine :)

If he doesnt poo i would put him in a warm bath and see if that helps.... I would also try feeding him in a big container with newspaper on the bottom to avoid him eating his substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back