Baby beardie biting rocks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animal805

Reaction score
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Hi,
A bit concerned at my 6 week old baby beardie's latest strange behaviour. I put him out in the mesh enclosure in the sun this morning for his morning feed of crickets (small). When he finished eating he went to bask on the paver I have for them to sun bake on, he laid there for 5 mins then ran to one corner jumped off, turned around and started biting the corner of the paver real hard like he was trying to break some off or kill it or some thing. Come to think of it I saw him acting wierd at the same corner late yesterday. Can any one shed some light on this behaviour and is it normal? Is he going through something like teething in human babies or should I be worried that he might be a tad simple like his dad?2011-10-22 08.44.45.jpg

maybe he needs more calcium,...wouldnt hurt to put a small pile on the rock once a week so he can self dose. (along with ur regular dusting)

i have found growing dragons chew rocks, and once they have a pile of calcium they eat that instead. (this was brought to my attention years ago when i asked on a different forum and appeared to be right)

when i dust my crickets with calcium i put the excess on in a lil pile for Buddha to eat he has since then stopped trying to eat his enclosure and just eats his vege and crickets and licks his fake leaves for the water i spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back