baby beardie not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyuranus microlepid

Reaction score
ive been feeding my babies crix/veg/fruit, but the smallest 1 still hasnt eaten much for 2 weeks, abit, not much, can any1 help? i tried to put him in a sepperate enclosure for feeding, but crix just climb over him as he sits staring into space, i also tried annoying him with them, still nothing!

HELP PLEASE!!!

i had to very gently open the mouths of one of my babies and popped the crix in.
He soon got the taste.

i had one very similar i used an eye dropper with the soluble beardie pellets in it and just kept giving him drops every few hours.pretty soon he started to feed of his own accord He's now the best feeder i have so my best advice is to just persist and be patient best of luck

i had one very similar i used an eye dropper with the soluble beardie pellets in it and just kept giving him drops every few hours.He know is the best feeder i have so my best advice is to just persist and be patient best of luck

Just make sure it is a plastic eye dropper and not a glass one. I know it's quite obvious but I have read stories about people using glass ones to feed their beardie without thinking and the beardie chomping down on them:shock:

Simalarity

:D I had the same problem with one of my beardies 1 week ago. For about 4 weeks he would hardly eat anything and wuld start to get sskinnier and stare into space. But eventually he started eating and acting lyk the rest of the beardies.

This problem can be caused from handaling to much when young,other lizards intimedating, weather or just the runt of the litter. He sould get back to normal, but if he doesnt it's a good idea to ask the breeder which u got the beedie off for advice on what 2 do.

Hope my advice helps and good luck with your beardie, there cute little boggers when babies

----------------(CHEERS)------------------
<><><><>(BRAD)<><><><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back