Baby beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animal805

Reaction score
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Hi
I have a 4 week old beardie (Central) she is eating small crickets very well, hunting and chasing them down. But the only way I can get her to eat some mustard greens or baby rocket is to hand feed her and then she only eats one bit at a time, then its like "I know what you are doing, you cant trick me twice in a row" Does any body know any tricks to get her to eat more greens/vegies? Temps are all good, substrate is sandstone tile and short cut synthetic grass. UV light is good and she gets outside in a mesh enclosure for a min of 30 mins every other day.

Very normal, I wouldn't stress just yet, a month old beardie won't eat much greens, keep offering the greens but, in a few months she'll munch down a bowl of salad happily

give her time to come around. She is still super young and should be eating mainly crickets at this age and only a little bit of greens, some babies don't even touch greens till they are a bit older so if you can hand feed her greens you are doing great as it shows she is eating and trust you to get your hand close to her. Keep feeding her 2-3 times a day with the crickets and feel free to leave her a bowl of greens or to hand feed her a bit of greens before feeding crickets. :)

Cheers
I prepare the greens (bowl) at 7 in the morning her lights come on at six. I try not to put the crickets in her feed enclosure untill about 8.30-9.00 by which time she has had one or two pieces of greens. As soon as she spots the live food she clambers down her basking log and leaps onto and then into her feed enclosure and munches down on about 10 crickets before she retires back up to her basking spot for some digestion time. It is quite funny to watch. She is pooping at about the same time and in the same spot in her main enclosure every day. She is such the organised one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back