baby beardies not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyuranus microlepid

Reaction score
hey guys,

my hatchie beardies arent eating any vegies, ive tried numerous recipies, fresh every day, and they still havent touched it for ages.
crickets dissapear, but not a single scrap of veg,

wat do i do?

I try feeding greens in the morning & crickets or woodies in the arvo so that they are actually hungry when the greens are offered

Have you tried half killing some crickets and throwing them a dish with some veggies?

IMO i think that vegies are for when theryre a bit older, when theyre younger they eat crix rather than vegies.
i think

have heard that under 6 months old they will not touch any vegies although my 3 yr old hates them also i try an pretend that the vegies are alive by wiggling them but he only falls for it once then stops showing any interest

With mine i found feeding them cat food with veges worked well.

If you get yourself a good Bearded Dragon book then it should tell you most of what you need to know,

I have the Bearded Dragon Manual, and they say hatchies don't eat vegies, and Chrisreptile is right, they will eat them as they get older, just crickets for hatchies.

mine at vegies for about a week of age but never touched cat or dog food

try making a green salad with no dressing and chuck in some worms to make it apetising DONT FEED THEM LETTECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine too ate vegies at a week old, i put some mini mealies in their salad and they go for a mealie and get salad. Now i don't need to add mealies to their salad, they eat it no problems.
Try some puree apple, they love it.

I use dandelion petals but when i had beardies that wouldn't eat vegies i would cut the vegies so thinly and tweezer feed them and wiggle it around in their faces. Generally the movement made them twig a bit. Also try the earthworms you dig up in your backyard. They love em.

Simone.

You have to be patient....they need to see it in front of them to get used to it....and it may take a couple of months down the track for them to start eating them!

You are right garth, u suld be patient they will not eat the vegies straight away but if u keep putting them in theree and add a little bit ov water they will eventually get interested and start to look at it and taste it and eventually eat it.

Hope my info helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back