Baby Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi brigo,i raised 5 juvie beardys in a 4foot 9 inch enclosure with no probs,using sand that u get from bunnings as a substrate,when they got to 8 months of age i moved the 5 of them into a 6 x3x3 foot enclosure and the largest girl layed at 10 months of age,20 eggs which all hatched,and thats with out hibernation,they sometimes breed there first season with out it,the 5 ended up being 2 males and 3 females and the second year,after a hibernation all 3 females layed 3 clutches each,i hatched 270 odd that year,thats a heck of a lot of mouths to feed and homes to find for them,lol,i kept a few juvies but sold them as yearlings,only 2 i kept were 2 runts that got nipped as juvies,one has a tail that makes a knob tail geckos tail look monitor length long,the other has no toes on 1 rear leg and no foot on its other,there doing fine though and will be living there lives with me,all i can say is they will eat crickets like there going out of fasion,use alot of bearded dragon pellets and vegies to as its good for variety and saves on the crickets,as they get older they will eat alot more vegetation,good luck with them

Thanks richardsc, so 6 juvies in a 5x2x2 is fine? im going to move them around 6-8 month age anyway.

Im just scared they will die of shock since enclosure size is pretty big?

Thanks.

i think it's fine for them, the bigger the better of dragons they're not like snakes or geckos that have to be upgraded, they'll be fine with the hdes and basks you described good luck with the little guys

Today went out and bought a few things, i have two hides, theyre those exo-terra caves, ones big and ones small, both are in cool end, water bowl is sort of in the middle, and branch is in hot end obviously.

Th branch is not directly under the light, and one branch is at 33deg with the probe virtually on it, the other branches should be around there too, the actual globe isnt hitting anything its hitting the fake grass, that will be fine wont it?

Thanks again.

Didnt work, and id rather opinions and experiences, especially from people that have or are keeping beardies as we speak, Ive pretty much got everthing spot on, i might put a tile or a brick directly under the light so that it doesnt just heat the grass. Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back