baby beardy help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dowdyjo

Reaction score
Hi all, Ive got a baby central bearded dragon - 5 weeks old. He seems perfectly healthy and eats no worries veg and crix. However Ive notice that over the last couple of days his head seemed to lean to oneside as if he was looking at the ground. I'd pick him up and he'd roll over like a dog would roll over. Seemed a bit lethargic as well

however, today he seems fine again.

Has anybody seen this before??

Duke, here...

What temps do you have in the enclosure?
Do you have sufficient UV lighting?

Do you dust the food with calcium?

Cheers,
~Duke

Last edited:
ive had this before..

get his cool side below 25C and his baskins spot to 40C.. (he's over heating)

its unknown, but should go away in a few days if you act now. his middle ear is drying out..

mist him regularly, and keep him hydrated. put a drop of olive oil on his ear. dab it off gently with a tissue.

keep him fed, misted, and give him a nice cool cold end.

Pm me if you need anymore help.

Thanks Duke - yes to everything - temps are 33 - 28 (38 under the light)

Thanks Kirby, I'll do what you said. I was a bit worried about the cool end not being cool enough. I'll ventilate cool end more to decrease temps. Also thinking more about it, I had him outside in the naturalsunlight for a few hrs each day lately. May have been gettnig too hot also (yes I did have shade in the outdoor enclosure). I'll try puttnig him out in the mornings before it gets too hhot from now on while still getting natural sun.

I have been misting him a couple of times a day. I'll mist more often.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back