Baby beardy not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicks

Reaction score
HI all, this is my first time here. We bought two baby beardies two weeks ago and two more from a different clutch a week ago. There are all doing fine except for one. He just wont eat. We are feeding the all on small crickets, as soon as we put the crickets in all the beardies go after them except for the one that is not eating, he just doesn't seem interested. All the other ones are all looking good and getting bigger, but the other one still seems small and a bit to thin. Does anyone have any ideas? Please help we are getting worried.

There's a check list I think should be made mandatory for all these threads :lol:

- What are your temps at?
- What are you feeding them? (list everything including supplements such as calcium powder.)
- What's the enclosure size, and what are you keeping with the problem animal? (if anything.)
- Pictures if possible. Comparison etc...
- Do you know if they were vet/health checked, or did you get them health checked?
- Is there anything odd with the animal? Marks, sores, colours etc.

Any and all information helps :)

The temp is 30 degrees day and night as they are only six weeks old
We are feeding them crickets that are dusted in calcium powder twice a day.
Enclosure is 4 foot by 18inch by 18inch. with wood to climb on under UV and heat lamp. and clean the cage once a day.
He is in there with 3 other baby beardies all the same age.
He doesn't have any sores, bites or marks anywhere on him, he look fine besides a bit dark and skinny.
He has not been vet checked, but was fine and healthy and eating for the first couple of days.

The sick one is the one on the right

Attachments

• P1030812.jpg
    P1030812.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 53
you'll need to seperate the one thats not eating, if its not eating cos the others are stressing it, then its only going to get worse as the size difference increases.

30 isnt warm enough, they need a basking spot of 40-43.

and only dust one of their daily feeds.

for the sick one till he starts eating, get some baby food, dilute a bit it till it can be syringe fed and put a drop on his nose, when he starts licking, add more drops.

Sweet as dude, thanks for that. Do you have any sugestion on what kinds of baby foods are best?

Chris1 beat me to it.

Look for baby foods that are natural without preservatives and without added sugar.

go for a chicken and pumpkin one or something, sugar isnt too good for them so best avoided. they say to chuck the baby food out after a day or 2, so freeze it in portions as soon as you open it.

if u have bearded dragon pellets you can soak them in hot water (hot softens them quicker), mush them up and syringe feed them,....

and keep us updated on the little ones progress. :p

THanks for all your help guys and girls, I will let ya's know how we go.

Great advice, I have a young one doing the same unfortunately, Will try all your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back