Baby black soil - impaction? Prolapse?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lynny1981

Reaction score
I am freaking out over here. My week old dragon has got something sticking out of its anus. Its yellowish in color. I placed him in his bath and ever so gently touched it incase it was something stuck on him but nope. Please tell me its not the end of the world for the little guy :( Sorry about the angle of the photo - doing this on my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 155
hmm a soak in warmish water is prob the best thing for him until some1 can help. Id pop him back in the water mate.
Also you probably know but small crickets are the best for these little guys! That with a good 40-45celcius basking spot and good uvb 10 should do the trick for healthy development and digestion :)

great thanks.. there's plenty of small/tiny crickets in there.. temp was only sitting on about 30-33C so maybe I should bump that up.. at a week old I was just a bit worried about frying them :(

yeah for babies it should be even warmer ie around 45. The will be fine plus if they want to cool down they will gape their mouthes to help regulate temps and they will simply move to a cooler area of the enclosure :) Best of luck

- - - Updated - - -

also be sure to remove any uneaten crickets as they might stress the little ones out. Also once a give a little spray of water as the movement of the water drops will stimulate them to drink. Sometimes they wont drink from a water bowl coz they dont know its water lol.

argh it's still hanging out.. slightly red this morning.. is it cause for concern?? he seems okay and happy enough otherwise..

On a more serious note I would start to be concerned. I would google a herp vet in your local area. Being only 1 week old it wont take long to go from bad to worst. Also it might en be a bad idea to go ito a local pet store who sell dragons and take in the little guy

dont take it to a pet store they know jack and will give you bad advice. Hit up the local vet asap mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back