Baby blue tongue lizard!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_pressure

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here.

I live on 12 acres, and have quite a few bluetongues living around the house. Recently, one died in a storm drain and I believe that it has two children that are now orphaned.

Yesterday I saw these two small bluetongues hanging around in the gutter around the house. And they definitely appeared to not know where to go.

Thought they would be gone but today I saw the biggest one (about 5 inches long). It still was going around in the gutters. Amazingly I managed to feed it some cat food twice, but it didn't seem to want any water.

Anyway, question is, what should I do with these things... should I build some sort of enclosure and feed them or will they be right on their own.

Cheers,
Pressure

Make a small rock pile near them if you want, so it offers them some protection from cats and larger birds. As long as they're not out in the open, they'll be fine. Put some cat food in there once a week and you might see them around more often.

and at 5" they are hardly babies. At birth they are lucky to be 2"

Great. Thanks for the advice guys. Think I will go ahead and make a rock pile -- would be nice to see them around, especially as I have already gone to the trouble of naming them (Dr Blue and Big Momma)

My blue-tongues

I have two baby blue-tongues and one one year old blue-tongue. The babies names are Goofy and Mini. The one year old blue-tongue is Mickey. Mickey only eats egg and snails. She doesn't seem to be interested in Meal worms, vegies or any other foods. But on the other haand, Mini will eat anything!! He loves meal worms and blueberries. Goofy loves snails. I only got Goofy 1 day ago.

Post some pictures .

Make friends with them and encourage them to stick around - offer them food treats suitable for bluetongues occasionally.

Spend some time hanging out with them (sitting quietly near them but not invading their comfort zone) and get them used to you being around and maybe talking to them so they learn to recognise your voice and maybe associate it with treats from time to time..

I like the rock pile idea for them to hide in and bask on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back