Baby Cockatoos Feeding Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have handreared lots of cockatoos, and the black cockatoo takes 2 years to rear..(Thats a long time), I still remember the dried up Roudybush on their fronts, I didnt think of bibs.Very cute, but much too loud for me. I have an African Grey, not nearly so loud..

Raw penuts in the shell might help along the process, they love chewing and destroying, and it gives them something to eat at the same time. They soon learn to differentiate between penuts and window trims, so dont stress too much. ;)

Peanuts are really bad for them to high in fat

They love pine cones though

Ive just started them on a combination of egg and biscuit and roudybush thickened and offering rice bubbles, whole corn and a small amount of black sunflower seeds to encourage them to start on seed.They eat alot less wet mix since introducting the seed hopefully another week and they will be weened :).

millet sprays are great also, also soft fruits and vege.
if you take a corn on the cob, run the knife along it a few times so some of the juice comes out, they lick it, get the taste, and start playing around with it until they realise how to eat it

I bought them one ot those seeed bells today for cock's and they are going crazy over it.Last one is going to Caboolture tommorow gunna be sad to see it go.At least the rat deliveries are going to pay for my fuel but its still going to be hard letting another one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back