Baby diamond hibernation help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anna.jc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there

This is my first pet snake and I have everything down pat apart from hibernation (and breeding).

I have been turning the temp down gradually since May-June on a 100w infrared lamp. Currently on 19'C which I think is still high for hibernation temp it is also still feeding - I am expecting her to reject the food to go into hibernation but she hasn't. Should I be not offering her at all and turning the temp down further? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Anna

Young pythons do not need to be cooled, and you certainly shouldn't be feeding while cooling.

Alright so I can keep same temp as Summer yea? thanks so much for your help!

depending of the age of her,,

if she is still a juvinile or yearling i would keep the heat up and keep feeding her..
i always like to keep them on heat for the first 2 years to get the size into them.
thats the advantage of being able to control their world( captive)

you need not worry about any of that yet if she is still a juvi..
keep the temps up as normal and keep the food to her

Yea she was only born late Feb. Alright cool, thank you both for your replies it is nice to get a direct answer. I researched many websites all had different recommendations or none at all. I felt so cruel for turning the temp down too ha.

Cheers!

Ok aj as said young snakes dont hibernate because there growing no cooling untill season before breeding thats in about 3 years and normal temps and never feed your python if you are cooling it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back