baby dragon keeps laying on its back like its dead ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptagirl

Reaction score
would anyone know what this would be every few days for past week we keep finding him on his back and think he is dead but after a while he gets back up is there a reason why it do this ? as its quiet scary

Attachments

• layla 888 [1600x1200].JPG
    layla 888 [1600x1200].JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 128
Wow, I've never heard of this...so he gets back upright all by himself? Strange...CBD's don't like being on their backs usually. Is there anything else wrong like feeding or runny poo or lumps or coughing/sneezing?

it usally gets back up but this time its back legs are dragging,its a pygmy dragon about 10 weeks old we have another one but it dosent do it, feeding well on woodies and crickets,i assumed it was digestiing when it first did it but this time its gotten worse,no signs off illness at all

Maybe he thinks he's jesus. Seriously though, that's really concerning. What's he being fed, temps, etc? I really hope he'll be okay...

oh no really what causes it will the other one be ok,we dont have vet here that specalises in reptiles,what would a vet do ? :(

fed sml crickets and woodies and greens now and then,has a heat mat all teh time and heat light during the day

Yes, I agree with Shane. It sounds as though something's gone wrong in his back legs, or the backbone. I would suggest taking him to a rep vet. If there's nothing you can do for him, it would be best to put him to sleep now, so that he doesn't keep suffering. Put him under heat until you can get to the vets. Let me know what happens. I hope everything turns out ok.

ok thanks will take the other one out just to be sure,no vets open till tuesday :(

ok thanks will take the other one out just to be sure,no vets open till tuesday :(

reptagirl are you in perth? i highly recommend tim oldfield at wattlegrove vet he is a fantastic vet and in my experiences there he has been great to deal with and vary cheap for a vet

Yeah i have heard good reports about tim oldfield too

have bathed him in warm water 3 times today and he is now up moving about but have noticed a sml bumb at start off teh tail between his legs and the other one does not have this,was thinking a digestive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back