** Baby Gecko***

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel

Reaction score
HELLO MY SON FOUND A BABY GECKO - i think it is only the common house hold varity we so commonly get up here but i do not want it to die all the same, it is about 2 - 3 cm in length and i have no idea what to feed it or what to keep him in - any help would be greatfull!!!

let it go

1. its illegal off licence
2. its fine outside on its own it wont die unless it gets eaten or squashed
3. buy one if you wanna keep one :)

Nat ;)

If you really want it to be safe then i suppose you can look after for a few days, but it'll be better if it was outside, since it is a wild one.

I would not have asked for help if i thought it was going to be alright, it is very stressed and not moving one of its back legs - if i wanted one i would buy one

if you have to keep it for a few days, give it some warmth, (like 30 degrees in a hot spot) try not to cook it!and a cool end at about 20degrees or room temp, something to hide under in a few places on sand. the easiest thing you could feed it is some fruit flies if you have a vit.m suppliment use that on the food, otherwise get some pin head crickets for it... only keep for two daze and release it. don't let anything bother it, even if you cant see it in your container i repeat DON"T PESTER IT. finally understand that for as long as you have a cat, this will keep happening.
good luck
ren

I never had any intentions of keeping it forever - just ensuring it did not die from the incounter with my cat - i did ring the EPA and as i am a registered wild life carer i was told if it was in the animals best interest i could ensure he was healthy before releasing it again. - But don't fret it died and i have recorded it to pass on to the epa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back