Baby vitticeps eating???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptile_keeper_luke

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've got my first clutch of eggs hatching and was wondering if anyone could tell me when I should feed them for the first time?

u can feed them straight away,small feeds 2-3 times a day(pinheads).also make sure u keep them hydrated they dehydrate quickly,that's what i do and i've never had a problem b4.hope this helps and good luck with your babies

Dandelion flower petals, baby clover, pin heads, baby roaches. Make sure all insects are no bigger than the width between the dragons eyes, esp crickets (stick with pin heads not smalls) roaches are better to feed as they are softer. ALWAYS have food on offer all day long.

Very normal, you would be very lucky to get them to eat greens in the first couple of weeks.

Wrong

They should be eating greens by day three. Depending on how you have them set up and what greens your offering will determine how quickly they eat them, whilst they much prefer insects (at any age) they will certainly eat greens within their first week, esp flower petals. If they are stressed or not set up 100% this will be delayed.

glad to hear he is eating all that good stuff :)
Pic didn't work or I can't see it.

View attachment 264842

HERE IS A PIC :)
This is just one of them, we are just starting to take them out for some natural UV light :)
They are nearly three weeks so hoping they brighten up nice and red like their parents :)

Parents are Rick walker reds, this is our first breeding season and the babies are absolutely gorgeous.
Also have 20 or so more eggs and now have a gravid Eastern Bearded dragon, so its great for me and the girlfriend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back