baby woma help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caleb mate you're asking for help and these people need more info then "having trouble shedding and the scales are lifting up around the mouth". temps, any sharp objects in the enclosure, when did it last shed.

Has it gone through the normal sloughing process, dull skin, milky eyes, snappier than usual

8 replies and no one even attempted to answer the question.

Hi everyone I think my baby woma is having trouble shedding. How could i help it?
thanks,
caleb

bathe the snake in warm (30-32 degrees) water for about 20 min. this will help with shedding. if the animal is regularly having issues with dry shed, up the humidity a little when the animal is going into shed (in some cases this can be as simple as moving the water to the warm end for a couple days) and check the substrate (some substrates can really dry out the enclosure and the animals that live on it).

thanks everyone that tryed to help me with my woma problem i dont no what caused it dont no what was wrong and sadly she died around 2:30 today
thanks again for everyone that put comment on
cheers
caleb

I'm surprised that the thread went so quickly from "my woma's having trouble shedding" to "thanks, but he died". Sorry to hear that. How are you planning on finding out what the problem was?

Probably the best thing to do would be to take him to a reptile vet that can do an autopsy on him. It would be good for you to know what the problem was, so that if it happens again, you have a better idea of what you're looking at. And if you have other reptiles, it would be good for you to now whether it was something contagious that killed him. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back